Sunday, March 1, 2009

Crabby Mommy

I have so had enough of being pregnant! While I am still able to bend over and actually pick things up off the floor, it's becoming a chore to do the whole squatting thing. I'm beginning to experience minor back pain and leg cramps once in awhile. Lincoln moves quite frequently and has those darn hiccups every day. Really, I have had a breeze of a pregnancy. However, the thought of 6 more weeks of being a bloated whale is not exciting.
To date, I've gained 33 pounds. Today when I weighed and measured myself, I was surprised to see that nothing had gone up (not even around the belly). The weight was actually the same as last week. Then I remembered that I didn't eat much candy or pizza this last week. Yesterday when I went for a walk I was actually sweating. Perhaps some of those retained fluids leaked out!
Becoming easily agitated with Bill has become an everyday occurrence. I don't think its him personally, but simply that he is the one person whom I can criticize openly without feeling terrible about myself. Yes, it's bad to say because I love him, but the things he does tick me off! For example, the dinosaur painting has the frame on it now, but Bill thinks the wire on the back was attached incorrectly. Now it has to go back to Michael's to be corrected. I really wanted it up on the wall and was quite agitated when Bill said he was going to take it back. It seems like every comment he says makes me feel criticized. I'm lazy, sloppy, stupid, fat, and ugly are thoughts that run through my head whenever he opens his mouth to say something.
I have 4 more weeks of school left before I take leave. I am very excited about it, but at the same time I feel worried that my class will go down the toilet. Overall, they are bright well behaved children, but I stay on top of them all day. I fear that a person lacking in structure and discipline will destroy all the work I've done with those kids. To make it even better, I found out I would be getting a new student tomorrow! What am I going to do with this kid for 4 weeks? How will I be able to assess him? It's not fair to me or the kid. I wanted to complain to the principal, but decided that it would not make a difference. Unfairly, I have passed judgment onto this child simply based on his name: Dakota. Certain names signal bad children. Dakota is one of them. Also changing to a new school at this late in the school year means that the kid is low academically and most likely a behavior problem. It's a terrible assumption to make, but unfortunately, comes true a majority of the time. Oh, why me? I had a perfect little class!

No comments: