Thursday, March 5, 2009

Counting Down...

I have the pleasure of going to the OB twice a month now. Tuesday's appointment was routine, although I worried that I would be inspected by a male doctor. Next time I get the strep B swab test down under, and it will be by the second male doctor. Ick, I am dreading it (not the test, but the fact that a man will be doing it)! I'm just praying one of them are not on call the day I deliver. I don't even want Bill looking there as the little buggar comes out. Yuck!
The doctor did say that at 34 weeks the baby would have a 98% chance of surviving without complications if he were born today. The only thing underdeveloped are the lungs. I've read that at 36 weeks, the baby could be considered full term. The week of spring break would be great. That would give me about a week to completely prepare without climbing the walls!
I'm counting down the weeks until I go on maternity leave March 30th. I really want to rest, but at the same time, I'm stressing over how my class will manage in my absence. Right now I'm working to prepare lessons ahead of time. Although I don't want to admit it, I will probably be sticking my head in there a few weeks later to make sure things are going ok.

1 comment:

ericah78 said...

Hang in there Jess! I know the waiting is tough. Try not to stress too much over which dr. you get for delivery. I really wanted my dr. but she of course had the day off when I delivered. In the moment, you really don't care. You just want that baby out! ;-) I'll be sending labor vibes your way in a couple weeks! Take it easy girl!