Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Crib and Mercury's Baby Doll


Bill finally put the crib together tonight! I am very happy with how it looks, and I think the set looks very handsome. We still need to purchase a mattress and other necessary items before Lincoln arrives.
I bought a baby doll to prepare Mercury. She was very cautious at first. Whenever I carry it around, she quietly follows me wherever I go. I think she understands that the doll is not a toy and has made no attempt to jump up or touch it in any way (other than to sniff). We allow her to come into Lincoln's room and she is always very quiet and lays down on the floor. I have every confidence that she will do just fine once the baby arrives and will probably stay in her kennel with all of the crying (she's not one to like loud noises).

No comments: