Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pregnancy Makes Me Mean!

Our neighbor kids are really obnoxious! They are constantly running through our yard, leaving their toys everywhere, and screaming outside. It drives Mercury crazy, which makes me crazy! Yesterday some of them decided it would be fun to play Ding Dong Ditch on our house. Some nerve since Bill was outside washing his truck on the street and the squad car is in plain view! I had the hair dryer going and suddenly Mercury starts barking nonstop. I scolded her thinking it was just the kids yelling outside again. A few seconds later, more barking! So I go to the front bedroom and peek outside. The kids are riding bikes and chasing each other. Nothing new. I turn on the radio hoping this will drown out some of their yelling so Mercury will stop barking. Then I hear the door bell ring. Maybe Bill locked himself out and needs something. When I opened the door, no one was there. A few seconds later, the doorbell rings again. This time is was pressed several times, and I know this is not Bill. It has to be the kids! Mercury, at this point, is in her kennel clawing at the metal door, and barking. I stand at the peek hole watching for one of the idiots to approach the door. One sneaks up the driveway and up to the sidewalk near our door. My heart is pounding. I throw the door open and yell, "Get out of my yard and stop ringing my doorbell!!!" That little jerk ran so fast, I think he fell over himself! After slamming the door, I realize my heart is racing a mile a minute, and that I'm sweating. Great. Bill comes in asking, "What was that about? The kids asked me if you were serious." Well, duh, what do you think? I bet you didn't think I could yell like that. Apparently, he sees no issue with these kids and the stupid things they are doing. Maybe it's the pregnancy, but suddenly I am the big bad b**** of the neighborhood.

No comments: